More than an agricultural technology, permaculture is a vision of the societies of tomorrow, ours, which will be confronted with the evolution of energy and climate systems. Permaculture is not only another way to garden: it is another way of thinking about and acting on the world, a global philosophical and concrete change. At the […]
What is going on in the world? What can we do about it, you wonder? Climate change, peak energy, and global finance seem to be the biggest worries of many people. Naturally so, because according to David Holmgren, they are the key elements deciding our world, and our future. How are these factors behaving now, […]
It’s the biggest hectare I have ever seen! Tatyana Temirbulatova’s Permacultured website It’s an awesome place to be! Jessie’s the Rabid Little Hippy What I didn’t expect was to be so taken with what permaculture is, and what it isn’t. Jacqui’s dusty country road, Everywhere you looked there was an abundance of food, even though […]
As I have been working alone in the garden over these last few days I have been thinking about Vries Gravestein as an elder of the Australian permaculture movement at the same time that the nation is reflecting on the passing of another big man, Gough Whitlam. While comparisons between the two might be trite, […]
Earlier this month we reported that David Holmgren’s seminal Permaculture: Principles and Pathways beyond sustainability is now available in French. Published by rue de l’echiquier, Permaculture sits very nicely with the very interesting and thought provoking titles in their « Initial(e)s DD » series. What is so special about the French edition by the way, is […]
I was recently asked by “permaculture actionary” Delvin Solkinson to provide some words for a newsletter promoting the next Rainbow Serpent Festival at which I’ll be speaking (several times). Very normal that a previous participant at one of our Advanced Permaculture Principles Courses should be asking me for a piece for an event he has the […]
What do you think Bob Brown, Olivia Newton-John and David Holmgren have in common? All have beautiful singing voice? Maybe. Written some very important books? Possible. David Holmgren was awarded the 2014 Green Lifestyle Award for his pioneering and ongoing work with Permaculture since he co-founded the concept more than three decades ago. David is […]
There are many PDC courses available these days, but this one is different. As the following testimonials sum up: ‘Stunning’. ‘A perfect blend of aesthetics and spiritual beauty combined with intellectual endeavours’. Earlier this year, working with Tread Lightly Permaculture, we held our first PDC course at the Satyananda Ashram in Rocklyn. It was a […]
LES EDITIONS RUE DE L’ECHIQUIER : Le livre de David Holmgren « Permaculture, Principes et pistes d’action pour un mode de vie soutenable » est enfin disponible en français Comment vivre dans le respect des limites et des ressources de la nature ?Alors que la production mondiale de pétrole a atteint son maximum et que […]
Back in 2009, the Black Saturday bushfire season rekindled a major focus of David’s permaculture design work, with a discussion paper for the local community, the reprinting of Flywire House and a series of presentations in the bushfire affected regions with Joan Webster, renowned bushfire educator and author who coined the strategy “stay and defend […]
Essence of Permaculture – eBook
Tags for articles
- Crash on Demand: Welcome to the Brown Tech Future December 12, 2013
- Money vs Fossil Energy: The battle for control of the world June 21, 2010
- Crash on Demand, the discussion so far February 6, 2014
- ‘Survive and Thrive’ Foss and Holmgren to tour June 10, 2014
- Essence of Permaculture – free download November 1, 2002
- Permaculture, a vision of the post oil world November 18, 2014
- Future Scenarios and permaculture solutions November 13, 2014
- Remember December November 10, 2014
- 퍼머컬처 November 5, 2014
- Vale Vries Gravestein October 30, 2014
- Permaculture, a vision of the post oil world - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] begins the preface to the French edition...
- Jamie: Hi, will you be recording this presentation for p...
- Future Scenarios and permaculture solutions - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] More details here. […]...
- Principles beyond the borders: seven and more in the pipeline - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] (The book 퍼머컬처 is...
- Permaculture Activism and the Future - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] take part and learn in the Permaculture ...
Explore the principles
The Hepburn Relocalisation Network
- Permaculture, a vision of the post oil world http://t.co/YLj39pfQoP 6 days ago
- Future Scenarios and permaculture solutions http://t.co/gryTWHZD5E 2 weeks ago
- Remember December http://t.co/LdTbqY7jIr 2 weeks ago
- 퍼머컬처 http://t.co/TljuUI1SkV 3 weeks ago
- Vale Vries Gravestein http://t.co/V900HLPPmO 4 weeks ago