As I have been working alone in the garden over these last few days I have been thinking about Vries Gravestein as an elder of the Australian permaculture movement at the same time that the nation is reflecting on the passing of another big man, Gough Whitlam. While comparisons between the two might be trite, […]
Earlier this month we reported that David Holmgren’s seminal Permaculture: Principles and Pathways beyond sustainability is now available in French. Published by rue de l’echiquier, Permaculture sits very nicely with the very interesting and thought provoking titles in their « Initial(e)s DD » series. What is so special about the French edition by the way, is […]
I was recently asked by “permaculture actionary” Delvin Solkinson to provide some words for a newsletter promoting the next Rainbow Serpent Festival at which I’ll be speaking (several times). Very normal that a previous participant at one of our Advanced Permaculture Principles Courses should be asking me for a piece for an event he has the […]
What do you think Bob Brown, Olivia Newton-John and David Holmgren have in common? All have beautiful singing voice? Maybe. Written some very important books? Possible. David Holmgren was awarded the 2014 Green Lifestyle Award for his pioneering and ongoing work with Permaculture since he co-founded the concept more than three decades ago. David is […]
There are many PDC courses available these days, but this one is different. As the following testimonials sum up: ‘Stunning’. ‘A perfect blend of aesthetics and spiritual beauty combined with intellectual endeavours’. Earlier this year, working with Tread Lightly Permaculture, we held our first PDC course at the Satyananda Ashram in Rocklyn. It was a […]
LES EDITIONS RUE DE L’ECHIQUIER : Le livre de David Holmgren « Permaculture, Principes et pistes d’action pour un mode de vie soutenable » est enfin disponible en français Comment vivre dans le respect des limites et des ressources de la nature ?Alors que la production mondiale de pétrole a atteint son maximum et que […]
Back in 2009, the Black Saturday bushfire season rekindled a major focus of David’s permaculture design work, with a discussion paper for the local community, the reprinting of Flywire House and a series of presentations in the bushfire affected regions with Joan Webster, renowned bushfire educator and author who coined the strategy “stay and defend […]
Spring is a wonderful time to be in nature, also a great time to visit Melliodora. Make sure to book well in advance, as they are very popular. While taking in the blossoms, daffodils and new green shoots, visitors on the tour also learnt about the practicalities of creating an interacting, productive food garden, maintaining […]
Australia has a Permaculture periodical called PIP Magazine. The second edition of this new magazine on permaculture and sustainable living is now available here. It includes informative feature articles on various aspects of permaculture as well as profiles on people, projects, gardens, farms, houses and businesses. It is full of practical ideas, recipes, reviews, a directory containing permaculture related […]
An old sage once noted fruit flies like an apple, while time flies like an arrow….indeed. So now it’s that time of the year again for all of us to take stock, organise the garden, get one’s life in order and develop a schedule for the warmer season and the new year. The first thing […]
What is ‘natural’? Can something become ‘native’? What is a ‘weed’? What can we learn from so called ‘novel ecosystems’ that may help us learn to create new sustainable ways of living on this changing planet? If that sounds interesting (and it should!), come join David Holmgren and Adam Grub on a once-only adventurous walk […]
Essence of Permaculture – eBook
Tags for articles
- Crash on Demand: Welcome to the Brown Tech Future December 12, 2013
- Money vs Fossil Energy: The battle for control of the world June 21, 2010
- Crash on Demand, the discussion so far February 6, 2014
- ‘Survive and Thrive’ Foss and Holmgren to tour June 10, 2014
- Essence of Permaculture – free download November 1, 2002
- Vale Vries Gravestein October 30, 2014
- Principles beyond the borders: seven and more in the pipeline October 28, 2014
- Permaculture Activism and the Future October 24, 2014
- Holmgren in the Green Lifestyle Hall of Fame October 21, 2014
- PDC (+ yoga) again next Feb October 13, 2014
- Permaculture Activism and the Future - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] take part and learn in the Permaculture ...
- Permaculture Activism and the Future - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] Reverence for the Bunya Bunya […]...
- Permaculture Activism and the Future - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] About Permaculture […]...
- Patrick: The psychology and effect of giving people awards ...
- Holmgren in the Green Lifestyle Hall of Fame - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] for the reasons based on Permaculture pr...
Explore the principles
The Hepburn Relocalisation Network
- Vale Vries Gravestein http://t.co/V900HLPPmO 3 days ago
- Principles beyond the borders: seven and more in the pipeline http://t.co/cVVhXsyugs 5 days ago
- Permaculture Activism and the Future http://t.co/0QNNpYFguB 1 week ago
- Holmgren in the Green Lifestyle Hall of Fame http://t.co/yoIPF54kE1 2 weeks ago
- PDC (+ yoga) again next Feb http://t.co/LphKedhmEy 3 weeks ago