This is a longer version of the article David Holmgren contributed to the inaugural issue of the Pip magazine. Food insecurity also shows up in affluent countries in many surprising ways. In Australia declining backyard food production since the 1960s and the loss of community, reduced the opportunities for barter and social insurance from non-monetary […]
We reported late last year on permaculture activists in Asia and Australia aiding community recovery and rebuilding after the super typhoon Yoland devastated the Philippines(here and here). This update report is from one group of activists working in the Philippines. With your generous donation, we were able to send two teams of volunteers to Barangay […]
“It’s been ten years since Australia had its own permaculture magazine and since then we have had to rely on overseas publications to learn about permaculture and hear what other like-minded people are doing ” laments the founding editor of a new permaculture magazine, called Pip magazine. Nothing wrong with permaculture periodicals overseas, but when […]
As the air cools down, the Melliodora open house and garden tours will come to a close. We will have a break during the cooler months before we open our sustainable house and abundant property once again in September. There are still two more tours where you can see Melliodora with an autumnal aura. Permaculture […]
Australia is to have a Permaculture periodical in the form of PIP Magazine. The new magazine on permaculture and sustainable living features informative articles on various aspects of permaculture as well as profiles on people, projects, gardens, farms, houses and businesses. It is full of practical ideas, recipes, reviews, a directory containing permaculture related businesses, […]
The Rocklyn PDC was an amazing experience, I don’t know what I would like to commend the most, the quality of the presenters, the venue (and the yoga!) or the fantastic coverage of cutting edge perspectives on sustainability, on the state of the world and most importantly what we can do about it. says Robin […]
People in the UK and Europe, be prepared, as the prodigal sons of permaculture, Charlie Mgee and Mal Webb embark on another festival and concert tour during your northern summer. You know they globe trotted across both hemispheres at every festival from Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party and Latitude to Shambhala (Canada), Symbiosis (USA) and Woodford […]
Our PDC course began the other day with keen participants and is now in full swing, in the serene atmosphere of the Rocklyn Ashram. Reports on the course will happen later. But for now we would like to take this opportunity to let you know that there are many other courses on offer for those people […]
We have long been warned that with the advent of “smart” phones, tablets, Ipads, etc. the days of printed magazines and books are numbered. It is true, there is so much information available online these days. We may be truly heading for a “paper-less” society, but when we flick the pages of a well produced magazine or […]
We love good books at Melliodora, and through our online shop, we would love to share some of the good books we find. You know, we choose what we distribute from our online shop carefully, share what we like and what we think deserves to be distributed. In other words, the items for sale you see […]
We recently received the latest issue of the Permaculture Activist magazine, published by Peter Bane and his team. It is another excellent issue, dedicating the whole magazine to Seeds. As the editorial by John Wages summed up, “the question of heirlooms and hybrids is largely a question of democracy and local control…Without the ability to […]
Essence of Permacultre – FREE eBook
Tags for articles
- Crash on Demand: Welcome to the Brown Tech Future December 12, 2013
- Money vs Fossil Energy: The battle for control of the world June 21, 2010
- Household economy counts (full text) August 2, 2013
- Crash on Demand, the discussion so far February 6, 2014
- Permaculture Pocket Knives October 2, 2013
- Food for thought, security and sovereignty March 29, 2014
- Permaculture aid update March 18, 2014
- Food Security and Sovereignty March 15, 2014
- One last chance to visit Melliodora (this season) March 13, 2014
- Pip ahoy March 11, 2014
- 18 April 2014 | World Organic News: […] About Permaculture by David Holmgren (Co...
- P2P Foundation's blog » Blog Archive » Podcast of the day/C-Realm: David Holmgren on Psycho-social Debt Jubilee: […] to discuss two of his essays: Money Vs F...
- Permaculture Teachers Training at O.U.R. Ecovillage ~ Silvia’s Experience | Silvia Di Blasio: […] David Holmgren “Crash on Demand” tr...
- Permaculture Teachers Training at O.U.R. Ecovillage ~ Silvia’s Experience | Living As If Others Really Mattered: […] David Holmgren “Crash on Demand” tr...
- Permacultura | El Vergel de las Hadas: […] Holmgren, en su libro-panfleto “La...
Explore the principles
The Hepburn Relocalisation Network
- Food for thought, security and sovereignty http://t.co/T67SV8mm0b 3 weeks ago
- Food Security and Sovereignty http://t.co/BpTcb9liQL 1 month ago
- Pip ahoy http://t.co/UeEeQwRzXM 1 month ago
- Interview with Heidi Snel (2005) http://t.co/FGl11ocaqS 2 months ago
- Experience permaculture life http://t.co/ET2sxHslhs 2 months ago