A little bit about Robyn From a background in organics, sustainability and community activism, since 1983 Robyn Francis has worked throughout Australia and internationally as a permaculture teacher, designer, facilitator and presenter. She has taught hundreds of courses including PDCs, specialist training and Accredited Permaculture Training (APT). She edited the Permaculture International Journal for five […]
Last month a new collection of poems by Venie Holmgren was published. Since then Venie has had launches in Daylesford and Castlemaine promoting The Tea House Poems. The Melbourne launch will be held this Thursday Dec 5th (4.30pm) at Collected Works bookshop in the city. Most people report they just love Venie’s poetry, as well here are some […]
You have no doubt heard about the destruction of a part of the Philippines by the super typhoon Yolanda, and like us here, are wondering what one can do to help. While it is hotly debated whether the fierce storm was one of the symptoms of climate change or not, some permaculture colleagues and activists […]
Three new books have recently been added to our expanding online shop. We choose what we carry in our online shop, distributing what we like and what we think deserves to be distributed. In other words, the titles we distribute carry our seal of approval. If you are looking for something to give to your […]
We have a lot of visitors at Melliodora. Last week, it was the ‘Inimitable Vegetable Sound Machine’ Charlie Mgee himself, turning up at our doorsteps with his tool-of-trade ukelele in hand. He spent a few days here, before appearing at the Hepburn Mineral Springs Reserve sound shell during the Swiss Italian Festa last Saturday, and […]
Like all the good stories, it has to come to an end. Being avid readers of the ‘Sunken Miles’ photo journal, we found it a bit of surprise that Oliver Holmgren’s sojourn up north (to the very tip) came to an abrupt end last week. Oliver had left his home heading up to Cape York […]
Bill Gammage, the veteran historian and author of the ground breaking book, The Biggest Estate on Earth: How Aborigines Made Australia, will give a talk at the Daylesford Town Hall on Friday Nov 29. Bill Gammage is adjunct professor in the Humanities Research Centre at the Australian National University. In this multi-award winning book, Bill refutes […]
It is a rare opportunity to be taught permaculture directly from a concept’s original developer. It is a unique opportunity to learn permaculture at Melliodora, one of the most mature permaculture systems around. When this unique opportunity materialises, people have a pretty special experience. No doubt the students of the V.E.G. (Very Edible Gardens) PDC […]
Planning to get away for the Australia Day weekend next year? Thought about going to Lexton near Ballarat for the 2014 Rainbow Serpent Festival? The Age summed it up as ”an alternative lifestyle festival” where the punters “come for the electronic music, healing workshops and mind-bending art”. Being a big fan of the ambient electro dub […]
Ladies and gentleman would you please welcome, back from six months of touring around the northern hemisphere, gruelling hardship and ridiculous fun, Australia’s one and only Permaculture ukulele rad-ish beets merchant, Charlie Mgee! performing in person, a very special “End-of-tour, homecoming show” in Hepburn. Mgee has recently returned from an international tour where he performed […]
Bushfire rages in NSW and a state of emergency is declared. Are these fires unprecedented? Possibly so this early in the season. Do these fires reflect human induced climate change so far? Almost certainly. Were the weather conditions particularly bad? Not so far, compared with Black Saturday in Vic. Would a massively expanded burning program […]
Essence of Permacultre – FREE eBook
SPECIAL OFFER: Combo Deal
Tags for articles
- Household economy counts (full text) August 2, 2013
- Permaculture Pocket Knives October 2, 2013
- Why I haven’t been flying (much) May 16, 2013
- Bushfire from a permaculture perspective October 22, 2013
- The household level counts April 29, 2013
- An interview with Permaculture Pioneer Robyn Francis December 5, 2013
- The Tea House launches December 2, 2013
- Yolanda aftermath and relief under way (with update Dec 3) November 28, 2013
- More new books in stock November 7, 2013
- Welcome home, Charlie November 5, 2013
- HD Office: Still waiting, James....
- Inah Estefanio: Hi! I think Permaculture is a very interesting sub...
- HD Office: Venie Holmgren is performing poetry to celebrate t...
- HD Office: Here are some of the comments. The most beaut...
- Free Permaculture E-Books | The Permaculture Podcast: […] Essence of Permaculture by David Holmgre...
Explore the principles
The Hepburn Relocalisation Network
- An interview with Permaculture Pioneer Robyn Francis http://t.co/QdBQkAeSYN 5 days ago
- The Tea House launches http://t.co/Yo2QNWUOxz 5 days ago
- Yolanda aftermath and relief under way http://t.co/CzEdSeAIKj 1 week ago
- More new books in stock http://t.co/FZ7LTKtrjm 4 weeks ago
- Welcome home, Charlie http://t.co/TliVcYZSmq 1 month ago