About one hundred people gathered on the steps of the Victorian parliament house on 19 Feb 2015 to rally for fair, real and local food. Organised by Regrarians, the rally attendants heard from Lisa Heenan (Regrarians), Costa Georgiadis (Gardening Australia), Cyndi O’Meara (Changing Habits), Joel Salatin (Polyface Farms), Tammi Jonas (Jonai Farms), Reg Matthews (Miranda […]
My essay “Crash On Demand” was the primary influence in framing this year’s Great debate at the Sustainable Living Festival in Melbourne, so we felt that I had to make time to be there (in the middle of our Rocklyn Ashram residential PDC plus peak fruit and honey harvest). With an audience of over 250 it […]
We have many visitors at Melliodora. Friends and neighbours drop in, or pick up veggie boxes and bulk food through Hepburn Relocalisation Network. We have people coming here to take part in our monthly garden and house tours. More than 100 people have come through the gate for both tours this season. They go home inspired and […]
February is a great time to be in Melbourne. The weather is warm and the whole city is abuzz with “sustainability” events. Albeit only for a month, it is still warming to see a whole lot of people embracing the concept of sustainability. Naturally the man who once chose the subtitle of his book to […]
On Earth Matters radio program, broadcast on 3CR on Jan 11, David Holmgren discussed the merit of tree crops and supplementing grain fields with tree crops, with fellow tree crops enthusiasts Darren Doherty and Byron Joel. They shared their thoughts on the benefits of this system and the work of making it a reality. You […]
Every year in the month of February, Melbourne hosts the Sustainable Living Festival. The 16th annual festival offers a large choice of events of interest. We highly recommend you attend if you are in the zone. Find out more about the festival on its website. Since its inception four years ago, the Great Debate has […]
We are proud to announce that the release of the Chinese language edition of Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability by David Holmgren is imminent. To give you a sneak preview, here is the prologue to the edition prepared by David. First in Chinese, and then in English to follow. 《探索樸門：超越永續的原則與道路》here we come. Any enquiries, […]
Permaculture Forestry Course – presented by Holmgren Design and Regrarians The complementary knowledge and skill sets of permaculture co-originator David Holmgren and Regrarians whole farm planner Darren Doherty come together for four days of presentations, discussions, site tours and practical activities in April 2015. For owners of small areas of forest, this course will […]
The recently published the Weekly Times features some of the “trailblazers” and “pioneers” in the field of food production, land use and agriculture in the world, including David Holmgren. You can read the whole article on line here.
Happy new year to all the good people out there. We at Holmgren Design, Melliodora, wish you all the best for the year. It looks a pretty turbulent year ahead of us, as climate change, energy crunch and global financial disorder all continue to play their part. And what would be the best way to […]
How come permaculture co-originator (an old codger) David Holmgren is using a surfing metaphor to talk about suburbia at the Rainbow Serpent festival, in the dry inland, to mostly young people who don’t own a house and have most likely recently escaped suburbia to find their way in the world? David traces the history of […]
Essence of Permaculture – eBook
Tags for articles
- Crash on Demand: Welcome to the Brown Tech Future December 12, 2013
- Money vs Fossil Energy: The battle for control of the world June 21, 2010
- Crash on Demand, the discussion so far February 6, 2014
- ‘Survive and Thrive’ Foss and Holmgren to tour June 10, 2014
- Essence of Permaculture – free download November 1, 2002
- Fair, real and local food February 27, 2015
- Great debate, the video February 20, 2015
- Visiting Melliodora February 17, 2015
- Feb is sustainability month February 11, 2015
- Tree crops on Earth Matters February 4, 2015
- Paula Ajuria: Collpase! I'm with David Holmgren. Each and ever...
- Great Debate: […] essay “Crash On Demand” was ...
- Permaculture’s nest | Futuro Arcaico: […] http://holmgren.com.au/melliodora/proper...
- Feb is sustainability month - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] The day is aims to raise awareness of wh...
- Tree crops on Earth Matters - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] Design/Regrarians (ie David and Darren, ...
Explore the principles
The Hepburn Relocalisation Network
- Fair, real and local food http://t.co/HyvHKquccV 3 days ago
- Great debate, the video http://t.co/DlBsJxZ8C3 1 week ago
- Feb is sustainability month http://t.co/ycJ562iopA 3 weeks ago
- Interpreting Melliodora http://t.co/4TCma16CSN 3 weeks ago
- Tree crops on Earth Matters http://t.co/yI11a3bZdY 4 weeks ago