The National Gallery of Victoria’s exhibition of the French impressionist Claude Monet’s iconic garden at Giverny continues till September 8. The exhibition itself is quite extraordinary but what is outstanding is its “Friday nights at Monet’s garden” program. Every friday evening, the guests are treated with “pop-up” talks, great food, drinks and live music. David Holmgren is [...]
Spring Creek Community Forest is the name we give to an informal project by local residents managing a section of public land (part of the Hepburn Regional Park) along Spring Creek between the Hepburn Mineral Springs Reserve and Breakneck Gorge. For over 25 years we have been active in initiating working bees constructing walking paths, [...]
David’s most recent interview with Dario Ruggiero is published on the Long Term Economy website. “We are going to see a serious challenge in the near future: the enormous amount of net energy that was available in the past (thanks to high quality fossil fuels), will no longer be available in the future. How to face this [...]
David Holmgren agrees access to seeds is vitally important; “It’s an issue about who controls and owns the energy that fuels humans”. This is part of an interview conducted by Peter Charles Downey for United Natures, International Permaculture Day and Dr. Vandana Shiva’s Seed Freedom movement. The protest footage is from the Melbourne edition of the [...]
Our Brazilian friend, Marcos Ninguém, reports that a special permaculture course run in celebration of 20 years of permaculture in Brazil, was a huge success, with some 170 participants. The celebration gathered together activists from the pioneer generations such as Peter Webb and Skye (Australians), as well as new generation activists (Marcos himself, his brother Jappa, and Guilherme [...]
David Holmgren will open the premier screening of Peter Charles Downey’s new full length, full strength documentary film, United Natures at Melbourne’s CERES on June 13. Along with David, the film features great international cast such as Dr. Vandana Shiva, Starhawk, Father Bob Maguire, Polly Higgins, Dr. Helen Caldicott, John Seed, Cormac Cullinan, Michael Reynolds and many others. Get [...]
Melliodora Publishing, the publication wing of Holmgren Design, produced the book Permaculture Pioneers in 2011. The editors and authors of the book stipulated that the royalties due to them were to go to Permaculture Australia’s Permafund; we are happy to announce that nearly $3,000 has been sent to Permafund (the Permaculture International Public Fund) to promote and support Permaculture [...]
SPECIAL OFFER – 25% off these books
- Urban Permaculture Design Course
- 29 Jun 13 at Alexandria, Sydney
- Permaculture Farm Forestry
- 29 Jun 13 at Upper MacDonald
- David Holmgren at Perm. Sydney Institute PDC
- 1 Jul 13 at Upper MacDonald
- Lunchtime talk-Climate Change & Energy Dilemma
- 9 Jul 13 at Macquarie University
- Advanced Principles course in Sydney
- 13 Jul 13 at Alexandria, Sydney
- Monet's garden at NGV
- 9 Aug 13 at Melbourne
Essence of Permacultre – FREE eBook
Tags for articles
- The household level counts April 29, 2013
- Why I haven’t been flying (much) May 16, 2013
- The Power of Trees February 20, 2013
- Oi da Australia April 29, 2013
- Maravilha! April 28, 2013
- Monet’s garden NGV talks June 17, 2013
- Spring Creek community forest page is up June 17, 2013
- Think long and hard May 30, 2013
- Seed freedom and permaculture May 30, 2013
- Zen and the art of motor (re)cycling May 23, 2013
- View the Spring Creek Community Forest page » Holmgren Design: [...] Spring Creek [...]...
- maximum shred muscle: I need to to thank you for this wonderful read! !...
- David Holmgren: Adam, My personal experience (and observation of ...
- Adam: Thanks David, lots to think about there. I'm int...
- Seed Freedom vs Seed Monopoly (Monsanto style) | Intueri Farm: [...] source - http://holmgren.com.au/seed-freedo...