We are proud to announce that the release of the Chinese language edition of Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability by David Holmgren is imminent. To give you a sneak preview, here is the prologue to the edition prepared by David. First in Chinese, and then in English to follow. 《探索樸門：超越永續的原則與道路》here we come. Any enquiries, […]
The complementary knowledge and skill sets of permaculture co-originator David Holmgren and Regrarians whole farm planner Darren Doherty come together for four days of presentations, discussions, site tours and practical activities in April 2015. For owners of small areas of forest, this course will show the low cost ways to reduce fire hazard, improve […]
The recently published the Weekly Times features some of the “trailblazers” and “pioneers” in the field of food production, land use and agriculture in the world, including David Holmgren. You can read the whole article on line here.
Happy new year to all the good people out there. We at Holmgren Design, Melliodora, wish you all the best for the year. It looks a pretty turbulent year ahead of us, as climate change, energy crunch and global financial disorder all continue to play their part. And what would be the best way to […]
How come permaculture co-originator (an old codger) David Holmgren is using a surfing metaphor to talk about suburbia at the Rainbow Serpent festival, in the dry inland, to mostly young people who don’t own a house and have most likely recently escaped suburbia to find their way in the world? David traces the history of […]
Recently David Holmgren went up to the ACT and southeastern NSW to speak at several events. He had a good time everywhere he visited and with everyone he met on the road. Some of the new people he met on this recent northern sojourn were involved with what they call “non-nativist landcare” around the town […]
Why do you think you should go to Penguin, Tasmania in March next year? To see its famed “big penguin”, a three metre ferro cement construction built some forty years ago when the town celebrated it’s centenary? Nah, the reason you should be there is of similar vintage, but not quite. The reason all permaculture […]
The largest typhoon ever to reach land struck the Philippines on the 7th of November last year. Thousands of people died and tens of thousands lost their homes and livelihoods. The true cost of this mega-disaster will never be known because it was too big for the authorities to handle. Steve Cran is a sustainable […]
The idea of a permaculture precinct has always been a great way to build the resilience of your local community. The idea was recently discussed anew in response to what we perceived as an inappropriate development for the Hepburn area. What if we could prevent or at least slow down the race to subdivide every […]
Just a friendly reminder, that the early bird deal will soon come to an end for the Holmgren designed PDC at the Rockly Ashram. If you are thinking about making a “life-changing, horizon expanding” experience, as described by a participant last year, make sure you save $200 by paying full fee by Dec 12 by […]
One of the ways to make sense of long distance traveling is to maximise the purposes of the trip. In a similar way that filling the car with passengers when one needs to drive somewhere gives maximum fuel efficiency, when David travels for a speaking engagement he hopes to appear more than once. So when […]
Essence of Permaculture – eBook
Tags for articles
- Crash on Demand: Welcome to the Brown Tech Future December 12, 2013
- Money vs Fossil Energy: The battle for control of the world June 21, 2010
- Crash on Demand, the discussion so far February 6, 2014
- ‘Survive and Thrive’ Foss and Holmgren to tour June 10, 2014
- Essence of Permaculture – free download November 1, 2002
- Prologue to Chinese Edition of Principles(探索樸門) January 23, 2015
- Permaculture Forestry Course – presented by Holmgren Design and Regrarians January 19, 2015
- One of the “trailblazers” January 15, 2015
- Permaculture Design Course 2015 January 13, 2015
- Aussie St at Rainbow January 12, 2015
- What the media isn’t saying about China | Sanity * Sustainability: […] the people of this planet, are already t...
- Andrew MacMillan: Hi David & Su - I am very interested to know m...
- Get down and get together in Tas in March 2015 - Holmgren Permaculture Design for Sustainable Living: […] More details on our event page. […...
- Birrith Birrith - Property for sale in permaculture precinct: […] People behind HD […]...
- Birrth Birrth - Property for sale in permaculture precinct: […] People behind HD […]...
Explore the principles
The Hepburn Relocalisation Network
- Prologue to Chinese Edition of Principles(探索樸門) http://t.co/sONugx3O5W 1 week ago
- Permaculture Forestry Course – presented by Regrarians and Holmgren Design http://t.co/n1Epqb3KfF 2 weeks ago
- Birrth Birrth http://t.co/q18f9iaGWL 2 weeks ago
- One of the “trailblazers” http://t.co/VLQVbrdTn1 3 weeks ago
- Permaculture Design Course 2015 http://t.co/Ik2Vs1F3nn 3 weeks ago